All India Survey on Higher Education (AISHE)
Last updated on: October 31st, 2021 at 09:03 pm
All India Survey on Higher Education (AISHE) was initiated in the year 2011 by Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Department of Higher Education, Government of India to identify and capture the data of higher education institutions in the country. The survey which is an annual feature is compiled online from the respondent institutions. It is a participatory effort between State Governments, Regulatory Statutory Authorities and the Ministries of Government of India. The main items of data collection under survey are; basic details, programme details, teaching and non-teaching staff, student enrolment, examination results, infrastructure, scholarships and financial.
Survey for the year 2019-20 is under compilation process.
Key results of AISHE 2018-19
- Survey covers all Institutions of higher education in the State, registered with AISHE code in AISHE portal https://aishe.gov.in. Institution are categorized in 3 broad categories: Universities, Colleges and Standalone Institutions.
- There are 4 Universities, 1 institute of National Importance, 66 Colleges and 16 Standalone Institutions listed under AISHE web portal.
|Form Type||Type||Total Number|
|Institute of National Importance||1|
|DCF II||Affiliated Colleges||66|
- Total enrolment for Higher Education has been estimated to be 31896 with male 14935 and 1691 female. Female constitutes 53.17 of the total enrolment.
- Gross enrolment ratio (GER) in higher education in Nagaland is 18.7 which is calculated for 18-22 years of age group. GER for male population is 17.8 and for female it is 19.7
The State GER of the last five year is given below based on actual response.
- 9% of the Colleges are having enrolment less than 100 and only 12% Colleges have enrolment more than 1000.
- Pupil Teacher Ratio (PTR) in Universities is 12 and Colleges is 17.
- Under Graduate Degree has been awarded to 6524 students during 2019 with 3002 males and 3522 females. 1422 students were awarded with Post Graduate Degree with 725 males and 697 females. 43 students were awarded with PhD level degree with 16 males and 27 females.