Last updated on: April 12th, 2023 at 02:07 pm
Education plays a vital role in the development of any nation. Therefore, there is a pressure on both quantity and quality of Higher Education. NAAC has been setup to facilitate the volunteering institution to assess their performance vis-a-vis set parameters through introspection and a process that promotes space for participation of the institution.
The State Level Quality Assurance Cell (SLQAC) acts as the nodal agency between the Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) of the State and National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC). SLQAC ensures that the primary task of NAAC i.e., to Assess and Accredit Institution of Education is achieved in the State. NAAC Assessment and Accreditation have triggered large number of quality institution in the accredited institutions. At present, out of 66 colleges, 29 are NAAC accredited and several colleges have initiated the process of Assessment by NAAC.
Benefits of Accreditation:
- Institution to know its strength, weaknesses and opportunities through an informal review process.
- Identification of internal areas of planning and resource allocation.
- Collegiality on the campus.
- Funding agencies look for objective data for performance funding.
- Institution to initiate innovation and modern methods of pedagogy.
- New sense of direction and identity for institutions.
- The society look for reliable information on quality education offered.
- Employees look for reliable information on the quality education offered to the prospective recruits.
- Intra and inter-institutional interaction.